Introducing our Technology and Virtual Groups online module…
Due Wednesday, 9.24.14 at 11:59 p.m.
See below for detailed steps
To get started and enable yourself to do an awesome job on steps 2, 3, & 4, you must read chapter 12 of our course text.
The next step is to log into our course on CI Learn. Then, click on “Voicethreads” (located on the menu on the left) and then access the “Technology & Virtual Groups” Voicethread. Follow the instructions on the VoiceThread. You will be making video recordings of yourself as part of the class discussion…. get excited peeps! And, if you’re nervous about this part… you’re not alone!
This step is worth 20 points.
Next up… you’re going to have a group meeting using a video conference tool called appear.in. Follow the steps below:
- Schedule a time to meet online with your group
- Just before your meeting, one group member who will be the meeting coordinator will go to http://appear.in and create a room (call it anything you want…heck get creative). Then, the coordinator will email a link for the room to the entire group for them to access the meeting. Once you have the link, click on it and join the meeting.
- During the meeting, discuss the following: You have $200 to hold an end of semester adjournment celebration, what will you do? How will you spend the money?
- The meeting coordinator must take a screen shot of your meeting showing everyone participating. The coordinator will then post the picture and description of how the group decided to spend the money in the “leave a comment” section on the bottom of this page. You must state the course section (02 or 03), your group number and the name of ALL group members present.
- If no screenshot is provided, your group will receive 0 points for this portion of the activity. Therefore, your group should schedule this meeting in advance and allocate enough time to navigate the technology.
This step is worth 15 points.
Reflect on the previous steps and the course readings and complete the following Reflection Form. Please be as thorough as possible. The goal of this step is for you to synthesize your understanding of the course text and apply this knowledge to the other steps of the module. Short responses that lack depth will receive low grades.
This step is worth 30 points.