#1. From a scale of one to five I would give myself a five since I always did my blogs and finished them and submitted them on time.
#2. I would also give myself a 5 for number 2 since I was sure to post at least one comment of some kind of feedback on my peer’s blogs every week.
#3. For number 3 I would again give myself a five since I would always incorporate at least three key concepts from the text book and I would show how it was shown in that weeks episode of survivor.
#4. I felt that my strengths when doing the blog post were giving good examples of how the concepts in the book related to the show. Also, when it came to participating on my peer’s blog I felt that I always gave them good feedback.
#5. I’f I could improve on my blogging it would be on adding more detail into some of my examples that I blogged on. Also, for improving on the participation I would add just a little more detail when giving them feedback on what I thought about their post.
#6. I liked that I was able to give my own opinion and interpretations of the show and how I thought the text content related to the show.
#7. Sometimes I disliked that the blogging to to much time with watching the show and still having to blog and comment, it took a lot of time.
#8. I think it would be cool i’f the show would change every week. Sometimes survivor would get boring.
-I personally believe that I did a pretty good job with relating the text to the show. I actually enjoyed connecting the text the most compared to other assignments.
– I think the only thing that I lacked for these blog posts was that fact that I didn’t comment on others posts. Most of the time I found that I had posted my blogs a little before the rest of the class so at times it was hard for me to go back and comment after I had submitted my posts.
– I like that we got to at least connect the course concepts with outside topics that are relatable.
– didn’t like that we had to go and comment on others blogs but that’s only because that was the area that I lacked in the most.
– Possibly offering more than just one show like giving the option to watch more than just Survivor to relate to the course concepts. It might make the assignment a little more enjoyable. Other than that I really enjoyed being able to blog.
1) I give myself a 1 for how consistant I was with uploading my blogs.
2)I give myself a one for commenting on other’s blogs.
3) In the posts I did post, i give myself a 4 with how integrated the course information was in the post.
4) My strengths in my blogs were that they were related to the course and survivor. My strengths in my participatìon was that I was an active listener and answered as many questions i can.
5) My blogging would have improved if I did not have to rely on the school’s wifi because I got frustrated with the delay and that made me give up on the blogs and the show.
6) I liked that the course was shown in the show. I like that we learned how the groups developed and how their conflicts could be resolved in many different ways.
7) I would suggest to lower the amount of comments needed because it was hard to read someone else’s work and try to input your different ideas on it. Maybe getting rid of the comment section in general would be a benefit to the blogging portion in the course. Maybe make the post numbers smaller with a larger word count. Provide examples of how you want the blogs to sound like because a lot of people don’t usually blog so it was unusual to try to figure it out.
1) About a 3 or a 4 I did almost all of my blogs.
2) Same as above. I commented each time I posted.
3) 4. I did my best to incorporate the concepts of the chapter. I feel like some did not always apply.
4) I think I did an okay job and analyzing the concepts and show and integrating them.
5) I could have improved my participation but having cable and remembering to do them.
6) I think it was a pretty easy way to use these concepts into something other than the chapter or class.
7) The blogs really didn’t seem like they had much to do with the class other than relating Survivor to our text.
8) I think the commenting on peer’s blogs was pretty pointless
1) About a 4, I did miss one blog post, but all others were completed on time.
2) 3, I did forget to comment on a peer’s blog a few times.
3) 5, I made sure that I integrated the various concepts from the assigned chapter to my blog posts and elaborated on the concepts and how they were employed.
4) I think I did a very good job at analyzing the show through our class concepts and making connections between the assigned chapters and Survivor episodes.
5) My participation could have been improved by just being more aware when the blog posts were due. A couple blog posts caught me by surprise so I had to do them at the last minute. I also could have commented on more of my peer’s blogs to increase my participation.
6) I think it was a pretty easy way to log our ideas and record our ideas about the text and Survivor. Being able to see others’ posts as well was a different way to see how they interpreted the show and different concepts from the text.
7) The blogs really didn’t seem like they had much to do with the class other than relating Survivor to our text which could have been done pretty thoughtlessly. I think if the blogs were integrated and discussed in class more they would have gained more attention.
8) I think the commenting on peer’s blogs was somewhat irrelevant. Most comments weren’t thoughtful or very thought provoking, just simple statements to get the participation credit.
Reflection of Blogging & Participation – answer the following questions:
- On a scale of 1-5 (5 being consistently), how consistent were you with submitting your blog posts in a timely manner?
- 5, All blogs were submitted on time.
- On a scale of 1-5 (5 being consistently), how consistent were you with posting at least one thorough comment on a peer’s blog?
- 4, I believe that i missed a comment one day, and that my comments might have been a bit less than thorough.
- One a scale of 1-5 (5 being very well), how well did you integrate class concepts into your posts about the Survivor show?
- 5, I feel that the concepts were highlighted directly in my posts.
- Please describe what you think your strengths were with regard to blogging and participation.
- I feel that timeliness was something i was strong in. As well i felt that i understood the general consensus of the show in relation to the class.
- Please describe how you think you could improve on your blogging and participation.
- I feel that i could have examined the show more whole heartedly, I wasn’t immersed the show as much as i would have liked.
- What did you like about blogging?
- I enjoy the free writing concept that went along with the posts.
- What did you dislike about blogging?
- I disliked the need to blog weekly, just because it felt that sometimes we were blogging monotonously rather than out of a purpose to talk about something interesting.
- What suggestions do you have for this assignment in the future?
- I feel that this could just be a turn in assignment, or that it should be done bi-weekly.
1. On a scale of 1-5 (5 being consistently), how consistent were you with submitting your blog posts in a timely manner?
4 – I submitted my blog posts in a pretty timely matter every time.
2. On a scale of 1-5 (5 being consistently), how consistent were you with posting at least one thorough comment on a peer’s blog?
5 – I consistently submitted one thoughtful comment to a peer’s blog for each post that was due. I took the time to read through several of my peer’s blogs as well.
3. One a scale of 1-5 (5 being very well), how well did you integrate class concepts into your posts about the Survivor show?
5 – I feel like showed the effort & time I dedicated to finding evidence of theories & quotes that supported my thoughts. I feel like I did well when integrating that class concepts to the series. This helped me to remember the course information a little easier as well. When posting I also tried to include multiple instances from the show as well as multiple connecting concepts.
4. Please describe what you think your strengths were with regard to blogging and participation.
My newly discovered strengths in blogging is my security level with writing and having others read my writing, because that is not something I would usually be comfortable with. It helped me hone my writing skills, and watch my peers progress. Participation was fun when I had the time carved out to put together the type of blog post I would want to submit and have others read. I enjoyed being a part of it as a class discussion.
5. Please describe how you think you could improve on your blogging and participation.
I could improve on my blogging and participation if it was not such a consistent assignment- just more time to watch these episodes and read the course information. I could also improve on adding more direct quotes from the series to help my writing skills.
6. What did you like about blogging?
I really enjoyed learning how to use this technology and knowing I have this available through my school. I liked the freedom of design and comfortable outlet.
7. What did you dislike about blogging?
There is not anything I particularly disliked with the blogging itself, it was quite easy to follow and navigate through independently.
8. What suggestions do you have for this assignment in the future?
My suggestions would be less due dates for the blogs but overall themes we could identify over two weeks. So, one blog every two weeks, covering two episodes so it could be more clear. This may be bad for those who fall behind though. Also requiring more detail in the blogs so they prove they have watched the episodes and there is more diversity in the blogs.
Cheers to a great semester!
1.) On a scale of 1-5 (5 being consistently), how consistent were you with submitting your blog posts in a timely manner?
3- I submitted a decent amount of blogs throughout the semester.
2.) On a scale of 1-5 (5 being consistently), how consistent were you with posting at least one thorough comment on a peer’s blog?
3.) One a scale of 1-5 (5 being very well), how well did you integrate class concepts into your posts about the Survivor show?
5-I feel like I did a good job on integrating class concepts into my blogs on Survivor.
4.) Please describe what you think your strengths were with regard to blogging and participation.
My strengths towards my blogging experience was being able to link class concepts to Survivor, as well, as keeping up with the show. This also helped me better understand the chapters for the exams.
5.) Please describe how you think you could improve on your blogging and participation.
I could have been more consistent when it came to blogging on time every week. Procrastination was my weakness when it came to starting my blogs. I feel like the quality of my blogs would have been better if I gave myself enough time to complete my blog posts.
I could have also posted more comments on other classmates blogs.
6.) What did you like about blogging?
I liked the whole concept of the blogs and how i can voice my opinion through technology.
7.) What did you dislike about blogging?
I did not like how there was a blog post due every week along with other assignments that had to be done. I am also not a fan of survivor.
8.) What suggestions do you have for this assignment in the future?
My suggestion for future assignments is to have less blog due dates.
1) I made a concerted effort to turn my blogs in on time in which I can say with certainty that I succeeded. I would give myself a 5.
2) I did kind of tail off on the last two blogs in terms of commenting on other people’s blog. For the most part, I felt like I did a decent job. I would give myself a 3 or 4.
3) I felt like I always integrated class concepts into my blogs because I thought that was the point of it. I would give myself a 5.
4) I felt like my strengths pertained to the questions above. I felt like for blogging, I took it seriously. I kept up with the show, blogged on time and always involved class concepts.
5) I could have stayed strong on commenting on other people’s blog towards the end. I’m sure I could have responded in lengthier responses if I had to do it over again.
6)I liked how it was only supposed to be 300 words. I felt like that was an appropriate word count to get your point across of how you felt the show related to class concepts.
7)I didn’t necessarily dislike the blogging, I just didn’t like the show survivor whatsoever. To me, it was more about deceit and backstabbing than it was how to be a good group or team member.
8)Maybe just pick a different show?