Just a reminder that we will NOT be meeting as a class on Wednesday so that you can meet with your groups at a time and space (face-to-face or virtually) that works for your group. The meeting can take place anytime between today and Wednesday at 11:59 p.m.
In order to receive credit for attending the class/meeting once person in your group must RESPOND to this announcement (in the comments section below) with the following information (by Thursday at 11:59 p.m.:
- Section of course
- Date time and location of meeting
- Group members present at meeting
- List of what was accomplished
If the information above is not provided, all group members will be marked as absent.
Please email me if you have any questions throughout your meeting.
Have a great couple of days everyone!
Just sharing a few announcements with you.
- I have updated and simplified the requirements of the Chapter Presentation – please carefully review them at the following link http://comm220.jaimiehoffman.com/course-materials/chapter-presentation/
- On Monday (9/29/14) in class we will have our first exam. Please reference the study guides online for specific areas to focus on when preparing. It will cover:
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 11
- Chapter 12
- Course requirements (read the syllabus and documentation about assignments on the website)
- Have a voice in how we move forward with the Survivor Country Analysis Project due dates! Would you rather have staggered due dates (as currently listed on the syllabus) where I provide you feedback on each aspect of the assignment before the final presentation OR have the entire project due at the end of the semester in one final draft? Cast your vote here:
Please respond to this message to let me know if it was received. I’m having trouble with determining if my announcements are reaching students.
If you were unable to attend class on Monday, you’ll need to watch this video that contains instructions for setting up your blog https://csucimanager.sharestream.net/ssdcms/i.do?u=b6f6880caff24df (the first entry is due Monday 10/6).
A few other notes about blogs:
- Don’t forget to categorize every post with Survivor Blog 02 or Survivor Blog O3 (depending on your section). You already created these categories during our class session but some of you either did not include spaces OR spelled blog wrong which means it will not show up on the Survivor Blogs class website so you won’t get credit. 🙁
- Please log into your blog (through CI Keys) and make it so that your name shows up with your posts.
- You need to click on “users” on the left hand side of the screen,
- Then click on “your profile” and
- Then change the “Display Name Publicly” to your name. Thanks!!
If you need additional information on using technology tools in the course, you can access high-quality training videos on Lynda.com. To access these videos, you must go to www.csuci.edu, click “myCI”, log in with your University credentials, click on “Lynda.com” located on the list of resources on the left. Then, type the technology tool you’re using in the search box… for instance… you may want to check out the “WordPress Essential Training.”
As a reminder, we will be meeting in Aliso Hall room 134 for our class tomorrow. Though it is a computer lab, feel free to bring a laptop with you if you’d rather learn how to create a blog on your own machine. 🙂
Please complete the following survey by Wednesday, 9/3 at 11:59 p.m. to earn 10 points of extra credit. Just email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a screen shot of your survey confirmation page.
Also, don’t forget to read chapter 1 for class on Wednesday.
Have a fabulous weekend!
Please be sure to bring a copy of your syllabus with you to class tomorrow, August 27!