Want to earn more extra credit? In addition to attending the Tunnel of Oppression to earn 20 points (posted below just in case you lost the email), you can earn extra credit in the following ways.
- 10 points (due Wednesday, 11/19): Review the bio of the speaker for our class on Wednesday and submit three questions here: http://goo.gl/forms/gQ2tYCTWdd. Questions submitted AFTER 11/19 at noon WILL NOT be awarded credit.
- 30 points (due Friday, 12/5): Does your group have an idea for a meaningful group project for this course in the future? Come up with a project idea that you would enjoy and get the following out of …..As a result of participating in your assignment, students should be able to do the following: apply course concepts to real world group work, experience group roles in action, and reflect on the stages of group development. To earn this extra credit, your group must come up with a fully developed idea (see requirements below). Then, one of your group members must post it as a blog post categorizing it as AssignmentBank (no spaces). Only those submissions that are thorough and meet the following requirements will earn extra credit… also… get creative! Extra points MAY be earned if your idea is selected! Requirements:
- Assignment title
- Assignment objectives (how will the assignment achieve the objectives stated above AND what additional objectives will it achieve)
- Assignment description (be thorough)
- Assignment instructions for students (think of the information you need to be successful)
- Assignment evaluation (how will the assignment be assessed? be clear and provide the grading requirements)
- 20 points (determined Friday, 11/21) to top three tweeters. In class today and Wednesday, we will have a back channel for our class discussions using #CICOMM220. Be among the top three Tweeters between today and Friday 11/21 at 8:00 a.m. by submitting the best quality and highest quantity of class-related tweets (both inside and outside of class). Questions, links to related class content, comments to support others’ contributions in class, interesting quotes from the presenter etc. are good examples. Disagreements are welcome so long as they are civil. Please note: Instagram can also be used to participate.
Tunnel of Oppression
20 points extra credit
Attend the Tunnel of Oppression and submit a reflection. The event takes place on Wednesday and Thursday, November 19 and 20 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (with a one hour break from 12 p.m. – 1 p.m.) in the Grand Salon.
Sign up to attend the Tunnel of Oppression http://tinyurl.com/CITunnel-of-Oppression2014 . You do not have to sign up in advance but if you don’t, there are no guarantees you will get to go through the Tunnel and it will take much longer.
After attending the event, write a 2-3 page reflection. The reflection should include what you learned through the experience and how it relates to our course content. Be sure to tie in course concepts including at least two citations. Submit your reflection email email@example.com by November 24. No late reflections will be accepted.